Before You Order Your Nephelometer...
- Of course, the technical manual and papers in the Publication pages
need to be read and understood. The NGN-2a and -3a requires much advanced
preparation if the installation is going to be successful. Call Optec and
we will review your application and requirements.
- The standard package from Optec usually consists of the instrument (#88100
NGN-2a or #88125 NGN-3a) and a power supply (#86905 for outdoor use or #88905
- A short lab cable assembly is included with the standard package so
that the instrument can be operated on the bench and the instrument variables
- Connector parts are include for the user to construct a power and data
cable for the main installation. Optec can construct this cable for a slight
charge if requested. Refer to to #88901 for the cost per foot of cable.
- A span gas apparatus is need for calibration. Parts are included in
the standard package for use with the customer's own span gas device. These
parts include: hepa filter, orfice and brass hose fitting. Consider the
Optec Span Gas apparatus (#88915) if you wish not to construct your own.
For multiple instrument purchases, only one apparaturs is required. The
1 lb SUVA 134a gas cylinder is not avaialable from Optec since shipping
compressed gas is usually not allowed. This product is available from most
automotive supply stores for only a few dollars per can. Do not purchase
the product with leak seal additive.
- The standard package includes the PC windows control and data logging
software. Updates are free from our web site. Locate the Software Download
link on the NGN pages.
- Other items to consider are: extra lamps (#88610), replacement filters
for the clean air canister (#88605) and an extra clean air canister ( (#88600)
so that filter media changes do not have to be done in the field.
Optec can assist with advice and equipment for the installation of a NGN
site. However, our involvement is limited and on-site participation is not possible.
If your require on-site assistance or a complete turn-key installation including
our products, towers, data loggers, solar power, heated lab sheds, etc., we
at Optec recommend Air Resource Specialist, Inc.